Mr. Jeyasingam Ratnasingam, MBA (Human Resource Management), has vast experience and an abundance of knowledge in the field of administration and enforcement of Malaysian Customs laws, regulations and related procedures. He has more than 35 years of experience in the Royal Malaysian Customs Department. He has served hands-on in various divisions of the Department namely; the Import / Export at the Air Cargo Subang International Airport, Kuala Lumpur Sales Tax; Taiping Industries; Ipoh Industries / Free Industrial Zone and the Passenger Examination and Cargo Division at the Penang International Airport. He was also actively involved in the Subang International Airport Air Cargo User Task Force Team that developed the Customs Information System (SMK), Air Mode between 1994 – 1996
He has also conducted numerous trainings for the benefit of the manufacturing and service sectors in areas of Customs laws, regulations and related procedures. He was also a panel lecturer for the Forwarding Agents’ Basic Course conducted by the Customs Department in collaboration with the Penang Freight Forwarders Association and with the Institute of Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers, (FMM) Northern Branch.
He was the Head of Customs Division of the Free Commercial Zone Division at the Second Air Cargo Complex (MAB), Penang International Airport for four (4) years and as the Head of the Post Import Audit Division, Ipoh, as Senior Assistant Director of Customs. Upon retirement in May 2011, he worked as Logistics and Compliance Manager with World Micro Components (M) Sdn. Bhd. for two years.
He is currently also a HRDF registered Trainer and Customs Consultant with RAKAN Consultancy PLT. He is also registered as trainer with Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM) Perak, FFM Institute Perak, MICCI Perak Branch, FMM Selangor, FMM Johor, FMM Kedah/Perlis, FMM Malacca, FMM Penang, FMM Institute Kuala Lumpur and FMM Eastern Branch (Pahang, Kelantan & Terengganu). He is also a Trainer for numerous Training Providers & Consultancy firms in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Sarawak / Sabah covering vast areas of Customs formalities including Malaysian Sales & Service Tax 2018; its Fundamentals, Mechanisms and Its Requirements For Various Sectors such as Sales Tax Manufacturers, Licenced Manufacturing Warehouses, manufacturers in the Free Industrial Zones and Other Specific Sectors, as requested.
To be one of Malaysia’s best by helping clients fulfil their Royal Malaysian Customs’ legislative, regulatory and procedural compliance towards best practices.
To provide interactive high value learning and tailored-made consultancy that will bring effective results for increased employee's performance and productivity for our clients and their customers.
Our values influence the way we work and how we ensure that we meet our client needs and ensure the promotion of ethically sound values of:
- Reliable Services — Dependable services rendered on learning about the Royal Malaysian Customs’ formalities and the facilitative schemes made available.
- Dedicated — Exclusively intended to impart knowledge on Customs regulatory and procedural matters.
- Holistic — Emphasizing the importance of a thorough understanding of Customs formalities and other related regulatory interdependence.
- Integrity — Embrace and uphold the highest standards of personal and professional ethics, honesty and trust.
- Responsibility — We are responsible to fulfil our commitments to clients and candidates with a clear understanding of the urgency and accountability inherent in those commitments.
To Provide Effective Training, Consultative Advisories, and Solutions towards Excellence with Continuous Improvement.
Jeya brings a sense of dedication and strength of character to every endeavor he pursues. I had the opportunity to work directly with Jeya during 8 months as Operations Manager on a facility expansion project in World Micro's first Global facility outside the US. Jeya's considerable knowledge of Supply Chain Logistics and Compliance provided critical assistance in setting up our new location in Penang, Malaysia. He is a strategic thinker and dedicated worker. I am proud to recommend Jeya as a business colleague and friend.
I have engaged Jeyasingam as our consultant to facilitate the application for our second "Private Bonded Warehouse License". Jeyasingam is a team player and a walking dictionary when it comes to customs matter! I would not hesitate to recommend Jeyasingam to any organisation as a consultant for customs matter.
Mr. Jeyasingam is a man of integrity and trustworthiness in character with a strong sense of professional dedication in his work. His 34 years experience in the Royal Malaysian Customs, as the Senior Assistant Director of Customs at retirement, has given him a wealth of knowledge in customs matters; he is especially well-versed in the customs related legal, regulatory and procedural matters. Jeya is a walking encyclopaedia in this respect, as he is able to unravel the complexity of the customs codification and come up with solutions, often saving costs, for someone facing challenges in clearing their shipment. I highly recommend Mr Jeyasingam for his service and advice.
A person who is very proactive and have high knowledge abt customs procedures and regulations.
His achievements thus far:
- As a Project Team leader he has spearheaded and developed the Vendor Managed Inventory facility, its Mechanics & Customs formalities in the Free Commercial Zones (Air & Sea) and obtained approval for nationwide implementation from the Ministry of Finance in 2008.
- Actively involved in the Subang International Airport Air Cargo User Task Force Team that developed the Customs Information System (SMK) between 1994 – 1996.
- Conducted numerous trainings for the benefit of the manufacturing / service sectors in areas of Customs laws, regulations and related procedures
- Panel trainer for the Forwarding Agents' Basic Course conducted by the Department in collaboration with the Penang Freight Forwarders Association and with the Institute of Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers, (FMM) Northern Branch.
- Implemented numerous initiatives to expedite and facilitate goods / cargo clearance especially for the Air Express Delivery Services (air courier) including the air cargo industry at the Free Commercial Zone Division, Second Air Cargo Complex (MAB), Penang Int'l Airport.
- Royal Malaysian Customs Department's Resource Person
- Served hands-on in various divisions of the Department namely; the Import / Export at the Air Cargo Subang International Airport, Kuala Lumpur Sales Tax Division; Taiping & Ipoh Industries / Free Industrial Zone & the Passenger Unit at the Penang International Airport.
Training topics covered
- Import and Export Documentation, Procedures and Facilities for imports, exports and transhipment by air, rail and road
- Customs WTO Valuation for goods imported
- Application and approvals of various types of licenced (bonded) Warehouses.
- Application and approvals of Licenced Manufacturing Warehouses by export-oriented manufacturing companies
- Customs regulations and procedures in the Free Zones
- Application by manufacturers for duty / tax exemption on raw materials and machinery / component to the Treasury Department and its accountability
- Customs regulations and procedures in the duty-free islands of Labuan and Langkawi
- Transportation of goods between West Malaysia & East Malaysia
- Temporary Import / Export Procedures
- Application, approvals and usage of ATA Carnet under the General Agreement on Trade and Tariff (GATT) Convention on Samples 1952, Fair & Exhibition Convention of the Customs Cooperation Council (CCC 1961) and Professional Equipment Convention of the CCC 1961.
- Movement of dutiable goods between bonded warehouses and ports / Zones
- Application for refund and drawbacks of duty / tax paid erroneously and on goods manufactured and subsequently exported.
- Customs Passenger Examination at International Airport
Training received at the Royal Malaysian Customs Academy at Malacca and other ad-hoc courses
- Passenger baggage examination X-Ray machine complete with Threat Imaging Profiling
- Executive Development
- Training Management
- Training of Trainers
- WTO Valuation Agreement
- Sales Tax and Excise Act & Regulation Compliance
- Customs Facilitation and Compliance Pertaining To Licenced Manufacturing Warehouses, International Procurement Centres, Regional Procurement Centres, Asian Industrial Coordination Organisation, Free Zones and Bonded Warehouses.
- Revenue Accounting and Financial Procedures
- Customs Convention on effective passenger examination and procedures
- The development of Standing Operating Procedures and Standing Instructions.
World Micro Components
Mr Jeyasingam R was head hunted by an American Electronics distributor company; World Micro Components (M) Sdn. Bhd., Penang in June 2010. The company brought him in on an advisory basis for a period of 4 months, in relation to customs and logistics matters. In October 2010, he joined the company on a full-time basis as a Quality Manager.
In December 2010, he obtained the professional qualification of Independent Distributors Electronics Association (IDEA) ICE-3000 Professional Examination Certification. Subsequently, in May 2011, he was re-designated as Logistics and Compliance Manager to handle all aspects of Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Warehousing and Customs matters including giving training and awareness on company-related Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) mechanism and activities. This was mainly due to the fact that the company was impressed with his sense of strong dedication towards work and abundance of knowledge in customs related matters such as legal, regulatory and procedural matters.